The stainless steel market is a $111 billion industry. The rising demand of consumer goods means the industry should expect a growth rate of around 6 percent from 2019 to 2020.
With growing demand comes a growth in opportunity. Take a look at these 5 benefits of the stainless steel fabrication process.
More than half of stainless steel comes from scraps that were previously melted. This has a large environmental impact that can help companies improve their brand image.
ESG, or Environmental Social and Governance, investing is on the rise. Investors want to know the companies they invest in have strong ethics in place that apply to the environment and social issues. Using stainless steel is one way to open up your opportunities to reuse materials and reduce waste.
2. Simplify Your Stainless Steel Fabrication Process
The stainless steel fabrication process is simple when you’re working with an experienced vendor with the right technology in place. Outdated equipment is one of the top reasons the process becomes challenging.
Simplify your stainless steel fabrication process with options of laser cutting, welding or other customization of your output.
It’s no secret that stainless steel is one of the more durable materials used for consumer products. With challenges to practices like planned obsolescence, your use of stainless steel offers an option to use products beyond their average shelf life.
Stainless steel is also resistant to corrosion. Because it contains Chromium, stainless steel is usually able to withstand a wider range of environments than other metals.
You’ll need the right amount of alloy to ensure your stainless steel can withstand different settings. For example, if you plan to use your stainless steel around acidic solutions, a higher grade alloy will be needed. Alloys are a type of blended metal that is used to improve mechanical and chemical properties. Adding an alloy can do things like increase hardness, strength, or corrosion resistance depending on where its used.
4. Fire Resistant
A major reason for the longevity of stainless steel is that it’s heat resistant. This is a major safety bonus in environments that store flammable materials.
Your fire and heat resistant stainless steel allows dangerous substances to remain temperature controlled. You’ll notice stainless steel in boiler rooms, on valves and other pieces of equipment that rely on heat exchange. Expect safer equipment with stainless steel containers and machinery.
5. Low Maintenance
A key benefit to the custom stainless steel fabrication process is that it doesn’t require a lot of maintenance. In many situations, there’s no maintenance involved at all with stainless steel. This increases its long term value because you can direct your resources towards improving other areas of your machinery. The cost savings with a no-maintenance product is hard to beat for any business looking for new ways to increase its bottom line.
Stainless Steel Fabrication Across Industries
Custom stainless steel fabrication is on the rise, reaching into just about every industry. Here are just a few:
- Automotive Industry. From large components that make up automobile bodies to the intricate engine parts, NAMF have got you covered.
- Construction Applications. How will your beams stay in place without steel brackets, building and support frames? We do it all.
- Aerospace Industry. Because we are NADCAP and NAVSEA-certified, the aerospace industry has been working with us for all precision custom sheet metal fabrication. From cylinder blocks, engine cowling, satellites, frames and more, if you need precision, that’s what we do.
- Food Services. Stainless steel is the go-to metal for all food services products. From kitchen racks to processing equipment, metal carts and food storage, steel fabrication is best where health and safety are concerned.
- Electronics. Where would printers, computers and communication equipment be without all of the high tech components that go into them?
- Consumer Products & Manufacturing Industry. Just think roofing materials, refrigerators, hand tools, cutlery, canopies, awnings, and so much more. If you need it, we will create it for you.
Reasons to Use Stainless Steel in Aerospace Fabrications
Stainless steel fabrication is increasing in popularity and use in the aerospace industry. It’s currently a $111 billion industry and continues to increase in demand. When it comes to manufacturing different types of fabrications for the aerospace industry, there’s a long list of reasons stainless steel can produce better products.
Stainless steel is one of the most durable materials in the world, which is why it produces reliable, sturdy, and long-lasting fabrications. This allows the product you make to have a longer lifespan than your competitor’s products. This can increase its value and allow customers to remain loyal to your brand if they discover your products hold up better over time without suffering from premature wear and tear.
The durability of stainless steel also allows it to resist moisture, which prevents corrosion and rust from developing. The chromium it contains makes it capable of holding up better in different types of climates year-round. This allows stainless steel fabrications to appeal to a larger audience instead of consumers in a specific region. The alloy it contains also makes it hold up better in acidic environments. The stainless steel is a lot harder and stronger when it contains more alloy.
Additionally, the durability of the material can contribute to its performance on aerospace products and equipment.
Stainless steel baskets that aerospace companies use are known to free up a lot of floor space in factories. The baskets can be designed to be stackable when they’re not in use. They can even be stacked vertically. The baskets can also be custom-made for multiple processes, and carts can be made to carry multiple baskets. This can add more value to the factory and increase the efficiency of the setting.
Stainless steel doesn’t require a lot of maintenance or upkeep, which makes it convenient to use and own. In most cases, it rarely needs any maintenance, which contributes to its long-term value. It also allows you to save a lot more money.
One of the main reasons that stainless steel lasts much longer than most materials is because it’s resistant to fire and won’t become damaged if it’s exposed to high temperatures. This allows it to appeal to consumers that are looking for a fabrication they’ll store in a setting where flammable products are present. Consumers can have the freedom of storing it in a boiler room and on valves where a lot of heat exchange occurs. This makes it easier to have peace of mind knowing the equipment that is in place is safer when stainless steel containers are present.
Understanding the many benefits that come with relying on stainless steel to manufacture different types of fabrications can allow you to have confidence in the products you’re making and selling in the aerospace industry. You can encounter fewer issues and stand behind the quality of the products you offer to your customers. To get started, contact us today.
Our Custom Stainless Steel Fabrication Services
New Age Metal Fabricating got its start in 1979 in Fairfield, New Jersey. Since then, we have been a leader in the custom steel fabrication field. Bring us any challenge and we will solve it for you. Our team always works to the highest standards.
Many of our jobs come from the Defense and Aerospace industries. As with everything we do, here there is no room for mistakes. Today’s designs are intricate, to say the least, and we have consistently exceeded the expectations of all those we serve. That has made us one of the nations’ most respected full-service custom stainless steel fabrication experts.
Our Fabrication Process
Whatever type of job you need, whatever challenges have yet to be met to take your business to its next level, New Age Metal Fabricating offers full in-house services, including the following:
- Our use of a TruLaser 2030 4 kW Fiber-optic laser means that we can cut through 5052, 6061 aluminum alloys, copper, brass, and stainless steel.
- Both our Fairfield NJ and Ronkonkoma NY facilities operate Amada CNC punch presses. We can accommodate sheet sizes up to 50 x 78.
- At each of our facilities are four CNC press brakes. This is how we can form wide ranges of angles and radii in aluminum, copper, brass, and stainless steel.
- Welding is a critical part of each operation. Our welders in both our facilities are certified to weld to AWS 17.1 and AWS D1.2.
- We also offer chemical conversion coating, as NAMF is a NADCAP-approved plater to Mil-Spec Mil DTL 5541. We also offer Type I, classes 1A and 3, and Type II, classes 1A and 3.
- We have in-house capabilities for wet paint and electrostatic powder coating. We finish parts to all Mil-Specs and can meet the requirements of Chemical Agent Resistant Coating (CARC).
Why Partner With New Age Metal Fabricating?
We are the best. You won’t need subcontractors because we are a full-service facility with state-of-the-art technology you won’t find elsewhere. Just look at the advantages we offer to you:
- We offer complete solutions for all of your purchasing needs, and we do turnkey if necessary.
- We are a single-source supplier of precision-manufactured and dip-brazed products.
- We control every process every step of the way.
- You will have one point of contact from start to finish.
- Who needs multiple suppliers when NAMF can save you time and money.
- All our finished products will be ready for immediate introduction into your product line – anything from dip brazing to custom chassis fabrication.
We are the leader in the custom stainless steel fabrication process. From first design prototypes to the final product, we do it all in-house, adhering to the highest quality and standards you will find.
Browse our website, see what we can do for your business, then contact us. We look forward to working with you wherever you are, as we provide our services, including custom stainless steel fabrication, nationwide and for international clients. Whether you know what you need right now or are looking for ideas or help in the design department, New Age Metal Fabricating won’t let you down.