Custom Steel Fabricators
An overview of the company, our fabrication process, and equipment used:
New Age Metal Fabricating or NAMF got its start back in 1979 in Fairfield, New Jersey. We have been a leader in the custom steel fabricators field since then. We manufacture to the highest standards and we never let a challenge go unanswered.
Many of our jobs come from the Defense and Aerospace industries, in which precision is an understatement. We use cutting-edge technologies to manufacture today’s most intricate designs. By consistently exceeding the expectations of those we serve, we have become one of the nation’s leading full-service custom steel fabricators.
Our facility in Fairfield NJ, New Age Metal Fabricating, was founded on the vision of taking manufacturing to the highest standards. If you can imagine it, we can create it. Because we are a build-to-print manufacturer, we use only the most advanced manufacturing technologies.
Our customers have many unique needs. Our role is to come up with the techniques needed for them to meet their most challenging projects. Because of the tenacity we demonstrate in our work, NAMF is recognized as a leader in full-service metal fabrication in the Defense and Aerospace industries.
Our second facility in Ronkonkoma NY is New Age Precision Manufacturing. This facility has over 60 years of experience in aluminum dip-brazing for the Defense and Aerospace industries. For more than half a century, we have refined our expertise. We have learned through experience as well as from our extensive training. We come with NADCAP and NAVSEA approvals, which set us apart in the Defense and Aerospace industries.
Our Fabrication Process
For whatever job you have or whatever you are in the process of creating, we provide complete fabrication services to all of our customers. These services include:
- We use a TruLaser 2030 4 kW Fiber-optic laser. It cuts through 5052, 6061 aluminum alloys, copper, brass and stainless steel. See our stainless steel laser cutting services here.
- Both our Fairfield NJ and Ronkonkoma NY facilities operate Amada CNC punch presses. These accommodate sheet sizes up to 50 x 78.
- Each of our facilities also operates four CNC press brakes. These can form a wide range of angles and radii in aluminum, copper, brass and stainless steel.
- These processes take place at both facilities in NJ and NY. Our certified welders will weld to AWS D17.1 and AWS D1.2.
- Chemical Conversion Coating. NAMF is a NADCAP approved plater for chemical conversion coating to Mil-Spec Mil DTL 5541. We also offer Type I, classes 1A and 3, and Type II, classes 1A and 3.
- At our New Age Metal Fabricating facility in NJ, we employ in-house capabilities for wet paint and electrostatic powder coating. In turn, we finish parts to all Mil-Specs and can meet the requirements of Chemical Agent Resistant Coating (CARC).
Quick List Of Services:
- Sheet Metal Fabrication
- CNC Machining
- Dip Brazing
- Chemical Conversion Coating
- Paint Shop
- Inspection Department
Our work at our New Age Companies is varied. We are, after all, the custom steel fabricator experts. We are highly specialized and require not just careful design but precise manufacturing. Here, there is no room for error.
Many of our clients are among the most well-respected companies in the defense and aerospace industries. Our ability to provide turnkey solutions and quality that is second-to-none has made us invaluable in many supply chains.
Some Clients We Have Worked With Include:
- General Dynamics
- Northrup Grumman
- GE Aviation
- GE Healthcare Life Sciences
- Lockheed Martin
Why You Should Partner With NAMF
When you work with custom steel fabricators like us, there are multiple advantages:
- We are a single-source supplier of precision-manufactured and dip-brazed products.
- We offer complete solutions to your purchasing needs, many turnkey if necessary.
- We are in control of each step in the manufacturing of your product.
- You will have only one point of contact from start to finish.
- Rather than dealing with multiple suppliers, we will save you time and expense.
- Our finished product will be ready for immediate introduction into your product line.
There are custom steel fabricators and then there is NAMF. With many years of experience in the design and manufacture of products for the defense and aerospace industries, we lead the way. Our products are in our control from start to finish so that you can be guaranteed a superior product every time.
Bring your ideas to us. We will take your designs and turn them into reality, as we have been doing for many years.